Friday 27 January 2012

What a fabulous week!!

I'm back!!  What a busy week we've had. I'll try to keep this short.  Didn't post while we were away so now I need to catch up.

Stephen and I flew across to the UK last Wednesday and we spent a fabulous week with family and friends.  I suppose it was mainly a week of crafting for me, but he was very good and didn't complain once. He did his thing and I did mine.

While over there I popped into Inspirations, to catch up with all my wonderful crafting friends.  For those who don't know Inspirations is a fabulous Craft store in Preston, it's also where I used to work before moving to the Isle of Man, so it was lovely to see everyone, I do miss them all.  It was so nice to catch up and also SHOP!!
Hero arts stamp and finished cards
The Saturday was spent at a workshop, run by the lovely Sarah McCrossan.  She kept us busy all day and at the end of it everyone had a lovely selection of cards to take home.  The class was based around one Hero Arts stamp and how you can use it to create so many different looks.  Sarah is such a clever designer and always shows how to get the most from your products. She has taught me so many techniques, and was the inspiration behind the project I did that won me 'Craft Stamper of the Year'.  On this particular workshop we used Distress inks (my favourite) and Copic pens (another favourite of mine) to colour in the images.  then used various punches and dies to make up the cards. There's a couple of pictures below of my finished cards.  I had a fab day and can't wait for the next one.  Check out Sarah's blog to find details of her workshops and also see her stunning designs.sarahmccrossan.blogspot.com

I'll be back later with the rest of the week.  See you soon.
Linda
xx



No comments: