Monday 6 February 2012

4 weeks and counting!!!

Hello there,
It's been a lovely day here on the Isle of Man, the sun has been shining all day, and I actually spotted some snowdrops out in the garden.
I've had quite a nice day today. Started off with a lovely lie in, after watching the SuperBowl last night (Stephen didn't have to be in work until lunchtime). Then spoke to Lauren.  We chat most days, it's always nice to hear from her and find out what Alex is up to. Apparently he can open the front door now, she's going to need eyes in the back of her head.  Later this afternoon I had a lovely telephone chat with my friend Sue.  She was telling me she's started on a diet and  fitness programme, sounds like hard work to me.  I hope it goes well for her.

If you're wondering what the 4 weeks and counting is all about well, it's a very BIG birthday that's hurtling it's way towards me at high speed!  Not looking forward to that at all.  The last big birthday was bad enough, but this one well.....  enough said for now.
Speaking of birthdays, it was Deborah's today.  Happy Birthday Deborah! It sounds as though she had a nice day from what I've read on Facebook.

I've been playing with my stamps again today.  This time it was Clarity.  I must have had these particular stamps for a couple of years at least and I've never used them.  The lovely Maria Simms posted a card on her Blog a few days ago and gave me the inspiration to do something with them.  Check out Maria's Blog,  http://inkymits.blogspot.com  there's some fabulous desgins on there, she's one very talented lady. She is also the NorthWest's demonstrator for Clarity Stamps, look out for details of the classes she does.

Anyway, here's what I came up with.  The background stamp was one I had in my stash (not a Clarity stamp) but I think it goes well with the corset.  It was all stamped using Coffee Archival ink and then distressed and coloured with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.  I decided to decoupage the corset and add the lace and thread.  I think it looks pretty and very 'feminine'.



I like to decorate the inside of my cards to match, I think it's a nice touch.  Hope you like it.

Thanks for looking
Linda
x

No comments: