Saturday 4 February 2012

Happy Weekend!!

Morning everyone,

Hope  it's a little nicer where you are this morning.  The weather here is awful - rain, mist, wind and it's cold.  Should have stayed in bed I think.

As promised here are a couple of pictures from yesterday.  I'll apologise now for the quality of them, the light was not good, plus I'm rubbish at taking photos.

I wanted to keep this one simple.  She's so beautiful, I just stamped her in black onto white card and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I inked around a die cut circle to give the effect of a moon behind her (the moon is slightly glittered but this hasn't shown on the photo - I told you I was rubbish!!).  I added a little lace, ribbon and a few pearls.

Ella Bella

Aloysius was another easy one to make.  I used the same colour ink for both cards, but just by changing the background papers and embellishments you can completely change the look of the card.  The one on the left is quite feminie, I think , while the one on the right could be sent to a guy.  I love this little bear, his face just reminds me of the teddy I had when I was a child......... That's a LONG time ago :)

Aloysius - isn't he sweet...

The final one took a little longer to make. Again, the picture is not brilliant, but you can get the idea.  I used the script stamp to make the background, stamped randomly onto white card with Versamark ink then clear embossing powder over the top.  Two colours of Distress Stains, Bundled Sage and Victorian Velevet where then swiped over the top, again quite randomly to give a nice blended effect.  Polish off the ink from the script with a paper towel to make it really pop.
Next I stamped the Anenome corner with Black Archival ink onto white card and cut around it. I used the same colours only this time I used the Distress Ink Pads and blended the two together using a blending tool.  You get a much paler effect with the pads however if you want more colour just keep building it up with the blending tool, you're in control.  I stamped the flowers again, coloured them a little darker and decoupaged them to add a little dimension.  This was then attached to the card to form a pocket for the tag to sit in.

The tag was done in pretty much the same way using the ink pads to colour.  I added a sentiment, the butterfly and a piece of pretty vintage seam binding. Done!

 large Anenome corner and the Script background










I've really enjoyed the last couple of days just playing with stamps and inks and seeing what I come up with, no pressure to actually produce something.  I have a few more things I want to do, stamps that I've had for ages and not used, along with inspiration from magazine articles and other blog posts I've seen.  Looks like next week is spoken for, can't wait.  See you then.

Thanks for looking

Linda
x

No comments: