Thursday 16 February 2012

Key to my Heart - Tag #1

Thanks for popping by.  Just to let you know, I am a BIG Tim Holtz fan.  For those of you that follow Tim you'll already know about his '12 Tags' projects.  For the past 5 years he has done a series called  '12 Tags of Christmas', however this year is different.  The Christmas theme has been retired (Nooooo!) and he has replaced it with  '12 Tags of 2012' (Yeah!!)   Each month, starting with February, he will create a new themed Tag and post the tutorial, (with pictures and step by step instructions) onto his blog http://www.timholtz.typepad.com/ .  There's also a place on there where, each month, fans can show how they've used Tim's inspiration and created their own versions of his tag.  There's already some fab projects on there - people have been very busy.
There's no more waiting until the end of the year, now we get a new idea at the beginning of every month.  Exciting!!  I've only ever looked at his tag creations before,  but, this time I'm going to join in with the fun each month, and create my own version - you know how I love my tags!

Here's what I came up with for the February one.....

February 2012

List of products I used...
Cream cardstock - to make the tag
Various Distress Inks  - shades of reds/pink
Tim Holtz cling stamp - from 'Stuff to Say'
Script rubber stamp
Tissue Tape
Grunge board - for the heart
Winged Heart Sizzix Die
Red Glimmer paper
Tim Holtz Vintage ribbon
Various Idea-ology pieces
Adage Tickets
Lace from my stash

Really enjoyed making this.  Looking forward to next month already.  Let me know if you're joining in too.

Thanks for looking.
Linda
x

5 comments:

carolyn lee said...

Love it linda.

Susan@Cardmaking-Companion said...

Great new look to your site, Linda - I love it! Tag is good too!!

Crystal said...

Hi Linda
loved the valentine card mine got lost in the post to.
The tag is lovely must have a try
Susan x

Kristen said...

i love the lace you used at the bottom, so elegant!

Visiting from Tim's 2012 Tags
Kristina
www.pearlgateway.com

Linda said...

Thanks girls. I really appreciate your comments xx