Saturday 18 February 2012

Lunch, a show, and a covering of snow!

Hello everyone,
Hope you are all well.  It's been a funny old day here on the rock in the Irish Sea.
Earlier in the week we'd been invited to see a show this afternoon, at the theatre in Douglas.  'Miss Saigon' has been on for the last few weeks, and Stephen and I had said we should go and see it but, we'd never actually got around to booking it. When a friend's husband rang me earlier in the week and asked if Stephen and I would like to go along with his wife Catherine, I jumped at the chance, especially as it's the show's last weekend.
We met up with Catherine early and had a lovely lunch, then it was off to the theatre. It's years since I've been to a show - Phantom was the last one I saw.  Anyway, Miss Saigon was fantastic!!  I thoroughly enjoyed it - Stephen enjoyed it too as it started off with lots of girls in underwear/bikinis!!  I would recommend it as one to watch.  It brought a tear to my eye at the end, but I won't say anymore, don't want to give the plot away.



The drive home from Douglas was a little strange.  When we went into the theatre it was a lovely sunny afternoon, same when we came out.  Stephen decided to take the coast road home, it's quieter traffic wise, and more picturesque.  As we were leaving the prom when you looked out to sea it was just like a wall of cloud/rain was moving towards you across the sea.  We stopped the car and got out to look - I wish I had had my camera with me because it was weird.  I looked behind me and suddenly realised that the cloud was closing in over the hills too, coming at us from both sides. Before we knew it we were in the middle of a snow storm!!  It was freezing.......
Now we live at the top of a hill, so we though it best to get on home.  We drove very slowly, through a blizzard.  It was just like a Christmas card picture. Thankfully, Laxey didn't have that much snow.   Now this is typical Isle of Man weather, changeable very quickly. Although we don't usually get snow.  I've been feeling a little left out whilest the UK has had the cold snap.  I suppose I should be careful what I wish for!  Who knows what we'll get tomorrow.
from the bedroom window

Brrrr........... nice and warm inside though!

more clouds coming over the mountains
Hope the weather is being kind where you are.

Bye for now
Linda
x

No comments: