Tuesday 26 June 2012

It's a funny old day .....

Hi everyone,
Just a quick post for now.  I'm having a funny sort of day today.  I've been busy all morning but I don't seem to have done very much!  Could have something to do with the fact that both my other half and my son have both had interviews this morning.
Stephen's just popped home to get changed and grab some lunch.  He said his went well, but then again they always do.  He loves interviews (strange man!)  Christopher on the other hand left the house a little nervous about his.  I haven't heard anything from him yet.

I wanted to share the card I finished yesterday for my daughter's friend.  I'm so glad this is done because it didn't half cause me a headache.  Nothing I did seemed right.  Most if it ended up in the bin which is not like me at all.  I usually save all the 'happy accidents', they always come in for something.  Not this time!
Eventually this is what I came up with ....

Lauren had wanted steampunky/vintage but pretty.  All the colours I tried just weren't right.  I wanted something a little different, nice it bright.  Guess what!?  Sat on my desk waiting to be used were the new TH Distress Inks - Summer colours.
I used the same three inks throughout the whole card, just added a bit of black.  The stamps I used were my new Patchwork Butterfly from Chocolate Baroque, along with a couple of favourites from Tim Holtz.
I really dressed up the dress form this time and even added some bling.  I think there's a bit of everything on this to be honest, but I think it works.  Even the envelope is decorated (and of course the inside's done too, I just forgot to photograph it!)  I hope she likes it.  It certainly turned out bright and colourful!

Well, off to the craft room.  I need to start on the gift to go with it now.

See you all later.

Linda
x

3 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...Linda this is so pretty! & your mojo is back and has doubled in size :)...the new inks look so loVely & what you've done with them is just great, gorgeous wings and super dressed form, your friend is gonna be thrilled to bits...Mel :)

Julie Brooks said...

Very pretty and unusual. Love those summer colours!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous background here! Love the color scheme and the whole sewey design is fabulous!