Wednesday 8 August 2012

Just in time .........!!

Well, I made it! Indigo Blu samples - DONE!

Hi everyone,
I have some new followers again this week - yeah!  Welcome to my little part of Blogland, I'm so pleased to have you with me.  
I've had a busy few days, but hopefully things will calm down a little now and I can catch my breath.
Things got a little bit frantic in the old craft room yesterday afternoon. The clock was ticking and nothing was going right.  It could have had something to do with the fact that I was working in a space about 6" square with stuff piling up around me, but, at approx. 5.45pm the last of the samples was finished - Phew!!    They're now all safe in a box, in the hands of the Royal Mail, on their way to Kay - I hope she likes them.

Here's a few little teasers ...........
oooh .... shiny!


not just Christmas ......

and .......  not just cards
Don't forget, Kay is back on Create and Craft on Saturday 11th August.  It's a 2 hour show and I think it's 11 till 1.00pm. It's Christmas again this time, with more stock of the stamps that sold out in July and, there's some lovely new designs to tempt you all into the festive spirit.

While I've been busy making these samples, Stephen's parents have been visiting us here on the island.  I haven't seen that much of them, but we did manage a couple of afternoons out.  We took the steam railway down to Port Erin - something Stephen and I have been meaning to do since we got here.  It was sooo cute, I don't think the train has changed much since it was built.
in the station at Douglas
It takes about an hour to do the 15 mile journey, from the old Victorian Station in Douglas through the Manx countryside, down to Port Erin and it is just like going back in time.  It's a really nice way to travel, if you're not in rush that is.

Sunday we went in the opposite direction, to the most northern part of the island - the Point of Ayre.  Apparently, it's the closest point on the Isle of Man to the British mainland, 16 miles south of Burrow Head in Scotland (according to Wikki).
There's not a lot up there except a couple of lighthouses, and a lot of stones.

The name Ayre comes form the Norse word Eyrr, which means gravel bank.  Because of the strong off-shore currents up there, there's an ever changing build up of shingle, which literally means that the beach changes shape with each tide.
The last time Stephen and I were in this neck of the woods, it was very windy and the waves weren't half crashing on the beach. Sunday was a little calmer.
this is know as the 'winkie', the smaller of the two lighthouses
And, just in case you lose all sense of direction ........
........ there's something to put you on the right track.

Finally, my husband knows how to treat a girl, dinner and a show.  We went to the opening night of 'Evita' at the Gaiety Theatre in Douglas.
It's only a small theatre but it was packed!  We had a box (oooh!), never done that before.  I loved it,  will certainly be doing that again.
I really enjoyed the show, I'd never seen it before, not even the film.  'Eva' was brilliant and so was the guy that played 'Che'.  We might even consider going again before it closes.

Well, that's me up to date I think.  Off now to catch up with some blog challenges.  I'll be back later in the week to share.

Ooh, just one more picture for you ....... a rare photo of my CLEAN desk.  Taken Tuesday night after I'd had a good clean and tidy and put everything away.
This didn't last long, unfortunately.  I'm already back to stuff everywhere.  Not even 24 hours.  Ah well, it's more fun when it's messy!

See you all later. Enjoy your evening.

Thanks for looking

Linda
x

1 comment:

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, great post today, love the look of the sneak peeks and will be tuning in to see Kay. I have never been to the IOM but after seeing your photos I want to visit the lighthouses and railway, I am obsessed with lighthouses and DH is the same with railways. Thanks so much for sharing! Anne x