Saturday 4 May 2013

2 for 1 and it's only the 4th! - No! Make that 3!!!

Good morning,

Happy Bank Holiday weekend to you all.  Only 3 weeks to go until I'm sunnying myself (hopefully) on the banks of Lake Como.

I see I have 2 more new followers - Hello and Welcome.  Thanks for taking the time to share in my crafty journey.  Only 3 more then it's Blog candy time!

I've been trying to get myself organised and schedule all my crafty commitments that need to be done before I go on my hols.  Hmmmm ........ how many hours are there in a day? ........ not enough by the look of things.  And, after a lovely catch up chat with Kay (Indigo Blu) last week, my To Do list has just got even longer.  Oh well, the Gelli Plate is going to have to wait a bit longer (sigh!)

Here's a little something I made the other day.  I really should have been tidying the old craft room but instead I found some bits and pieces on my desk, and a Penny Black stamp that's been sat there for a while, and here's what I came up with .......
Another tag!
I love my large tags, and can't you tell I'm hooked on doing the hinged versions at the moment.
This little sweetheart is called  Melle Papillon (Miss Butterfly - I think).
I stamped her onto my tag using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and coloured her with Copic Markers.  I then made a mask for her, covered her over and inked the cloudy sky background using Tumbled Glass Distress ink, and my trusty hand cut cloud.
I added a little bit of foliage around the edges using a Lavinia stamp with Rose Bud Memento, 1st and 2nd generation stamping, and a touch of black, 2nd and 3rd generation to give a more faded colour.

The bottom of the tag was cut away just above the bottom of her dress, and holes punched through both pieces.  I used large jump rings to join them together, but you could use fine ribbon, or twine or even just some wire.
 

I stamped some extra butterflies using a pretty little Hero Arts stamp, onto some scraps of previously inked card.  Cut them out, and attached them to the tag leaving the wings free, so I could bend them up a little to add a bit of dimesion.  A touch of sparkle added to her dress, and a sentiment from a Dylusions stamp set finshes everything off nicely.


As it's the beginning of the month there's a whole new set of Blog challenges out there.  One of which I came across through my good Blog friend Anne.  She's recently joined the Design Team over at Our Creative Corner and I'm so looking forward to seeing her creations.   The Blog Challenge has a brand new look and format, and there's some fabulous inspiration from some of the DT.
The theme for their first challenge is ......
ANYTHING GOES
So I thought I would enter my tag.

I'm also entering this into the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge .  Their theme is also .........
ANYTHING GOES

Again, I found this challenge through a Blog friend, and fellow Indigo Blu DT member Jo.  She's also part of the DT for Fussy and Fancy - she's one busy lady!

Wow!  2 challenges entered and it's only the 4th of the month! What's going on!?  No rushing at the last minute.  Is this a new me?  No!  It's just lucky that they both had the same theme and it was perfect for my latest make.  Back to normal now.

I've got DT stuff to do next week.  Kay's back on the telly soon - 2 shows on the 19th (I think!) One of them is a Wedding show, and the other is all about Indigo Blu stamping.  Hmmmmm ....... Does that mean new stamp designs ............ I couldn't possibly say!

Speaking of DT stuff, I posted on the Creative Studios DT Blog yesterday.  Sam's got new stamps - yeah!!!   They're sooo cool!

I'll leave you to enjoy the weekend now.  Hope you have a good one.

Thanks for popping by.  Cherrio for now

Linda
xx
PS .......... You can't get rid of me this weekend ......... I'm back with a little extra bit 

Can you believe this ..... 3 challenges!!!  (I'm pleased to say Anne, it fit!!!)
It's the start of this months Penny Black Saturday Challenge, and guess what! ........ their theme is .......

ANYTHING GOES  (whoo hoo!)

My little Miss Butterfly tag is just perfect.  It's ages since I've entered this challenge, so it's nice to be back. 
I don't think I've ever entered a challenge and been the first one up there either - go me!!!  Don't worry, it won't last!

Right, I really am going now. Have a lovely day and I'll see you all next week.  

Cheerio!!!
xx   

10 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, thank you for the shout out! Your tag is an absolute delight, I love doing that hinge technique too, so effective on your beautiful tag. The Penny Black Saturday challenge starts today, not sure what the theme is but this might fit that too?

Saw your owl over at CS and he is fabulous!!!

Oh yes, it is my pleasure to say - thank you for playing along at Our Creative Corner too. Hugs, Anne x

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda, lovely tag and I am so impressed at the way you have started the month. It is so good to tick things off the list......( mind you ...more just get added...lol. ) thanks for the mention you are one kind lady....have a great weekend...hugs. Jo. X

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Fab tag, love the cute image. I decided to re arrange my room, totally destroyed it have to step over stuff to get to my chair, its not good!

Nathalie said...

Gorgeous tag Linda. I love butterflies dies and image. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
Nathalie

Words and Pictures said...

What a great tag... I love the jump ring attachments for the extended part, and sweet dimensional butterflies. Great sentiment too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
Alison x

Unknown said...

Your tag is super. I love the image. I haven't tried the hinged tag yet but then there are a lot of things I haven't tried yet ( as you know ) One day I will get round to it. Love Irene x

Unknown said...

Wow - this is just WOW! I've never seen this stamp before, but it is awesome! Great tag!
Greetings,
Sanja

Darnell said...

Your hinged tag is sensational, Linda!! You and Annie make such sumptuous creations!!

Jenny Marples said...

Such a great hinged tag Linda. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner this time, hugs Jenny x

Laurart said...

Gorgeous tag! I LOVE the butterflies! Thanks for sharing this with us at Our Creative Corner Love from Laura xxx