Friday 19 July 2013

Morning everyone!

Happy Friday!  Well, that's another week gone by and no blog posts done - shame on me!!  I do have an excuse though - I've been working in the old craft room all week.  Well, apart from a couple of hours on Wednesday that is, when I had coffee and a lovely catch up with a friend.  Even managed a bit of retail therapy too (once I'd escaped for a while, there was no stopping me!)

It's been so hot over here too, the craft room is like a sauna in the afternoons.  There's no room to put a fan, and I can't even open a window.  Can you imagine the state of things though, once a breeze started coming through - there would be paper and card everywhere, not to mention the glitter and gilding flakes.  It would be worse than it usually is!  I can't take any more layers off - naked crafting is not a good look!!

OK, so what have I been up to?  Well, funny you should ask ........ what a busy week it's been.  It all started with samples for the lovely Sam Poole.  She's back on our screens on Monday next week - Create and Craft at 4pm and 7pm.  If you fancy a sneaky look at what I've been doing then pop over to the Creative Studios DT Blog.

Once they were all done and in the hands of Mr Royal Mail, it was on to prep work for the BIG event this weekend.
Indigo Blu are having an Open Weekend over at HQ.  It's all happening and I'm flying over there at lunchtime today.
It's so exciting, they're having a Grand Opening of their brand new retail premises, along with purpose built workshop area.
There's demonstrations all weekend, by the lovey Kay Halliwell-Sutton, Nikki, Clare from the DT and of course ME!!!   - eeeek!  I haven't done any of that for over 3 years, so I'm expecting to be a little rusty.  If any of you are popping over there, be gentle with me won't you.
There's going to be a launch of all the workshop dates, and the next Indigo Blu Retreat, and of course lots of tea and cake!
The shop does look fab, Kay's daughter Becca has designed it and done all the hard work.  If you fancy a look, check out Becca's blog there's some fab pictures.  I can't wait to see it in the flesh, so to speak.

In between all the goings on in the old craft room, I've had a couple of visits from postie this week.  Look what he brought me today .......

oooh ....... pretty colours.  Haven't had time to use them yet.  That's something to look forward to next week I suppose.
The best one though was on Tuesday.  The doorbell went, so off I go.  There's my delivery man holding a parcel (nothing strange there).  'Are you on your own love?' he asks.  Well, what does a girl say .......... why does he want to know?  'Are there any little people around' he continues 'only this thing is talking!' He hands me the parcel and it says ....... 'To infinity and beyond!'
That's when the penny dropped ........ this is what, or rather who, he'd brought me .......


Alex's birthday present.  Phew!!

Anyway, it's off to the UK later today.  But first I have to pack.  Samples - check.  Demo stuff - check.
Craft kit - check.  Oooops, there's not a lot of room left for clothes (we're back to the naked crafting again!)  It's a good job I don't need much.

Before I dash off here's something I was playing with yesterday.  I thought it could sit on my demo table at the weekend .......


It's made using the new Indigo Blu Poinsettia stamp.  I've just stamped the largest bloom 5 times onto yellow card, then topped it off with the medium one.  Added the centre, punched from brown cardstock and now I have a sunflower .......


I used Mowed Lawn Distress paint to colour a kebab stick, and then stamped the large bloom again, this time onto green card, to make the leaves.

I've fixed the flower into a large cotton reel that's been painted using the new Indigo Blu Cottage Garden Acrylic Paints - Hot Cocoa shade, then added some ribbon and a cute little dragonfly.


Just goes to show ....... a poinsettia is not just for Christmas!

Oh well, must get on.  I've a suitcase to pack, and a plane to catch.

Thanks for popping by today.  Have a lovely weekend, I'm certainly looking forward to mine.

I wonder if we'll get another 'boat' popping into Douglas Bay this weekend.  This is what we saw last Saturday as we drove down the prom ......


...... the second one this month.  Apparently, the captain on this particular ship was Manx so he spent the afternoon showing passengers around the island.  Hmmmm ...... wonder if he made it down to Castletown for the Tin Bath races !!!!!
And on that note, I'll say ......

Cherrio for now

Enjoy the sunshine and stay cool

Linda
xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See you at IndigoBlu tomorrow babe - safe trip over x x

Jo Rice said...

Safe journey Linda and have a great weekend...you will be fab, as always....
Love your sunflower and I am sure it will look great on your demo table....
( not sure about the naked crafting though!!!!!) looking forward to hearing all about it next week. Hugs. Jo. X

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, wish I could come to see you but am on holiday at the moment. I am sure you will be a star attraction - have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Anne x