Sunday 22 December 2013

On the 22nd day of December...........

in the words of Julie Andrews ....... here are a few of my favourite things.
It's the IndigoBlu Blog Challenge ....... and a decision has to be made


Hi everyone,

Yes I know ..... I'm a day late, the IndigoBlu Challenge starts on the 21st of the month.   My DT piece was there, and I was thinking about it (thinking oh dear (or words to that effect!) I have no internet, the slightest touch of a hangover, and I haven't scheduled my blog post - **?*!)

Here's why ...... I had a fabulous busy day on Friday over at IndigoBlu HQ


Some of the other DT were there and we spent the day in the workshop with Kay just playing, finishing off projects, some of us were even making Christmas pressies.  There was a bit of shopping in there too of course.
Then in the evening it was the Christmas party - Ho! Ho! Ho! and all that!   We all had a great time, good food, nice wine, and great company. Thanks again Kay and Alfie ..... you're the BEST!

But .... on to the important stuff.   Before we go into this month's challenge,  thank you to everyone that took part last month, we had some fabulous entries again.   And, Congratulations to our last winner of 2013 .......

Number 7      Mariette van Leeuwen

Well done Mariette, enjoy your prize.

Now on to this month's challenge.  You're going to have to think about this one, and like me you may not be able to make that final decision ............ we want you to 

Use your FAVOURITE  IndigoBlu stamp of the year

Ooooh ...... there's so many to choose from.  Will it be one of the fantastic florals, beautiful backgrounds or fabulous flourishes.  Could it be a pretty butterfly, one of the lovely ladies or simply a heartfelt sentiment.  The choice is up to you.
And the prize for the last challenge of the year is the best one yet.  Take a quick look at what's up for grabs over on the Blog Challenge

I really couldn't decide which one stamp to go for, so in the end I used a few .........  you may want to grab a cuppa, there's quite a few pictures coming up.


I think my favourite, favourite (most used) stamp of the year has got to be the Vintage Flourish - I love it!! (I think I've mentioned that just a few times over the last few months)
It's such a beautiful design, and so versatile.  I've used it with the Flitter Glu and one of my favourite flakes, Winter Dawn, to decorate my frame, after it had been painted using the IndigoBlu English Cottage Acrylic Paints.


I also used the flourish on the inside of the frame too.

Another of my favourite stamps has got to be the stunning ladies face collage from the Mr Darcy stamp set


How beautiful is she?  Here she's be encased in a pretty bezel, and then covered with Glossy Accents.
Back to the flourish though ....... great as a focal point.  


One of my favourite sentiments (from the B.F.F. set)


I had to include Jane, and one of the latest Dinky stamps - Flutterby


And the pretty florals from the Clockworks set ........


And another lovely sentiment, this time from Live Laugh Love.  Told you I had a few favourites.


You can see I've used just about everything on my frame .....well, I did say I couldn't make my mind up.  There's old book pages, sheet music, paper flowers.  There's a touch of lace in there, ribbon, resin embellishments and the brand new Altered Egos.  More is definitely more on this project!

What's your favourite IndigoBlu stamp (or stamps)?  Why not give the challenge a go, and get your hands on that mahoosive final prize of the year.  Good luck everyone.  Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.  See you in 2014!

Cheerio for now.

LindyLou
xx

1 comment:

Doreen said...

Wow this is stunning,love how you have used all the stamps.xxx