Tuesday 18 February 2014

One for the chaps .......

Happy Tuesday!

What's going on ...... not even the middle of the week and my Less is More entry is already done - whoo hoo!!  Am I actually getting organised ......... I don't think so!   These stamps were still on my workdesk and when I saw the theme for this week's challenge I thought let's go for it!

This week's theme is .......

MASCULINE

It doesn't matter what age group ..... as long as the card is for the male gender.
Here's mine ......


This would be perfect for my man ...... he's definitely NOT a morning person.  You're all going to think I've lost the plot now but .... he gets breakfast in bed EVERY morning!  I know, I know ..... he's spoiled rotten, but ..... it's the only way to get him out of there in time for work.

Anyway ...... the cute little bear is Sleeping George from the IndigoBlu Dinkie stamp range ..... and I love him!!!
He's been stamped using Versafine ink so as not to lose any of the detail


and I've highlighted the crown with a touch of gilding flakes.

The decorative strip across the card has been stamped with another IndigoBlu stamp, this one is from the recently launched Good Times set.  It's a fabulous background stamp, so useful too.


The words and the Zz's are from the Bear Hugs set (IndigoBlu again), and finish off the design perfectly.

As usual the insides's been stamped too ...... along with a matching decorative strip


This little guy is actually a mini version of Aloysius which you'll find on one of the early IndigoBlu stamp sets .... Brideshead


I suppose this one could have also been an entry for this week too.......


One of the new Woodware stamps which I just couldn't resist!

We had a brief visit from the sun over the weekend ..... Sunday was a lovely day so we decided to go for a walk.   We found ourselves down in Port Soderick Glen and even though there were no leaves on the trees and it was a little bit on the muddy side it was still very pretty down there .....


We saw the first signs of spring too ......


The daffs are coming!

Little one enjoyed himself wandering in the woods ......




and we finished the afternoon with a stroll on the beach



Port Soderick was once a busy tourist attraction on the island ..... not so much now.  The buildings that remain are all boarded up and abandoned ..... shame really.

Thanks for popping by today, enjoy the rest of your Tuesday.  I'm off to a craft workshop with the lovely ladies in Ballaugh.  It'll be tea, cake and craft all afternoon ..... perfect!

Until next time .....

Crafty hugs
Linda
xx

4 comments:

Redanne said...

Sleeping George is an absolute delight and Aloysius is one of my all time favorites, he looks cute in miniature. I have just be given the hare stamp, I love how you have used him. Anne xx

Anne said...

Two fab cards, I LOVE the grey hard one! Thanks for sharing those spring photos.
Thanks for joining Less is More's masculine challenge this week
Anne
Guest "Less is More"

Darnell said...

What a charming post, Linda! I'll have to go back to reacquaint myself with the card, but now you've got me intrigued by the closed-up resort! What happened? It looks so beautiful there! Did the road wash out and no one would fix it? My goodness, what a shame is right! I enjoyed the rest of the photos, too, and especially LO!

Now your card: well, both cards, really, are just adorable, especially with a view in mind of your sleeping hubby who gets breakie in bed!! What a lucky chap he is, indeed!!

I like how you've put your inks. I thought that bottom strip was Waship tape. A very nice visit!

I hope the sun continues to come out and you had a lovely tea, cake, and craft afternoon!!

Hugs, Darnell

Chrissie said...

Super post Linda and I love the cards. The grey hare really made me chuckle!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More