Thursday 10 April 2014

A touch of Turquoise .......

Happy Thursday,

What a lovely day we've had over here, the sun's been shining and it felt as though it was warming up nicely (oops .... the weekend's coming, maybe I should have kept my mouth shut!)

In case any of you were wondering, I've taken a little time off from some of my DT commitments (don't worry I'll be back in full swing next month ..... you don't get rid of me that easy!)  so things are not quite as frantic as usual in the old craft room.  It's so nice to be able go in there and just play.  In saying that though, I haven't really done much playing ........ I'm keeping up with my favourite Blog Challenges though.

This week's Less Is More theme is a colour challenge .....

A Touch of Turquoise

What do you think? .........


I'm trying to use some of that 'never seen the light of day' stash that's been sat around for forever..... this lovely stamp being part of it!

Don't ask me why it's never been used before .......... because I think it's gorgeous, so simple but elegant. It's called 'dreamy' and it's from Penny Black's range of cling stamps.

I've stamped it onto white card using the Forget-Me-Not Archival ink from the brand new Wendy Vecchi range (love these colours!) and Cactus Green, one of the colours from the range of small Stazon ink pads

I added a touch of glitter to the flower head and a tiny gem stone for a bit of extra bling!


The sentiment is from an SU stamp set, and has been stamped in Watering Can Archival Ink (Wendy Vecchi range again) and then it's been cut away using an oval punch.

The panel was then mat onto a piece of turquoise card stock, using foam pads to add a bit of depth.
I added a touch of colour to the edge of the sentiment using Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, and then attached it through the oval aperture.


Job done!

I'm back on Grandma duties this evening, the little man is staying overnight. We've just been down to the local park for an half an hour so he's tired himself out (me as well!!)  It's now Grandad's turn to sit and watch a DVD with him before he goes off to the land of nod!  In fact, it's gone a little quiet down there ..... I wouldn't be surprised if Grandad hasn't nodded off as well .... it wouldn't be the first time ...... Zzzzz! I'd better go and check.

Thanks for popping by ..... Cherrio until next time.

Linda
xx

10 comments:

Pippa said...

Hi Linda, I really like this card and the cut out sentiment.

Marie said...

Your card is utterly delightful, Linda. Love the touch of glitter on that wispy flower.

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Wonderful! This caught my eye among the entries on the Less is More Challenge.

Yvette said...

Beautiful!! Love that touch of glitter and that sentiment!

Redanne said...

Sometimes we just 'need' to take a break and recharge the old batteries - good for you! I absolutely love this card Linda, it is stunning. That stamp is gorgeous and your colour choices are perfect. I love the hint of the mat behind which just adds to the beautiful focal point. Love this! Hugs, Anne xx

Skylark said...

Hi Linda, Hopped over from Less is More. I'm a big fan of your work and share a lot of your favourite things, Indigo Blu, Lavinia Stamps, Craftwork Cards, etc. I would dearly love to be on someone's design team one day..., still who knows what might be round the corner! Lovely card as always. Stef x

Julie B said...

What a gorgeous stamp you have used, love it. :)

Anne said...

Linda what a totally stunning card and stamp, think I NEED this one!
Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More this week
Anne
LIM Designer

Sarah G said...

Love the Penny Black stamp and touch of glitter!

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful card, Linda!