Monday 7 April 2014

On Yer Bike!!!

Hellooo,

Well .... that's Monday over with.  I hope your week's got off to a good start.

It's not been a bad day at all here, lots of jobs done ...... samples finished, boxed up and sent, DT project done for later in the week, birthday card posted and the craft room is tidy - ready to start again tomorrow.

Here's the last of my projects, as promised, from the IndigoBlu Secret Retreat back in March ......


What a way to finish off 3 fabulous craft filled days ..... decorating this cool Penny Farthing from Prima.

I gave mine a quick dry brushing with a coat of Gee-Sso Good, follwed with some of the IndigoBlu Paints.


You can see we used the Fran-tage again ..... love the effects you can get with this product



The scene inside was created by stamping onto layers of acetate then cutting away the excess.  Working from the back, starting with the photo on the inside of the door, the layers were then attached inside the frame each one slightly forward of the last.  some had quite a few layers inside, I kept mine to four .... the photo (one of my favourtites of the little man with hubby), then the words.  Next was a layer with the grasses stamped across the bottom and I finished off with the fence from one of the sheets of Altered Egos.

I added some metal embellishments, and paper flowers


You can see I've stamped onto some of the Altered Egos to add a bit more interest ....... they take colour and ink so well.  My tip is too colour the whole sheet, before you take any of the shapes out, they're easier to handle, and let them dry completely.  You can use a heat tool, just don't let them get too hot!

Well, that was the IndigoBlu Secret Retreat - March 2014. 
Does it look like fun?  Do you fancy joining in with the next one?  Well, the dates have been set ...... for the end of October/beginning of November ....... don't leave it too long though, I believe they're filling up FAST! Check out the website for details or ring the girls at IndigoBlu HQ,  I'm sure they'll tell you what you need to know, and I'll see you there.

Over the weekend there was a rather nice, very expensive looking, large yacht called the Luna moored in Douglas Bay. Little did I know who it belonged too ........



photos from Google
I might have taken a bit more notice if I'd have known ........ Apparently it belongs to Roman Abramovich .... the owner of Chelsea FC!!!  It's a 114 metre 'Super Yacht' and was purchased by Abramovich in 2010 for a ridiculous amount of money  - £115 million!!  How the other half live or what!!

Must dash ..... there's a chinese takeaway just arrived and it's got my name on it!!!  Nom Nom!

Thanks for popping by, enjoy your evening.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

4 comments:

G Peplow said...

What a beauty, so inventive and lots to admire, glad you had fun :D x
Fabulous ship, lucky man :D

Redanne said...

Love the Penny Farthing, you have altered it beautifully Linda. It is gorgeous! I have just got the TV and just need some inspiration to decorate that. The yacht would be wasted on me, I get seasick! But it does look rather special........ Anne xx

shirley-bee said...

This is fabulous, Linda! I love all the detail :)

Jenny Ross said...

This blog is just so fabulous. I suddenly came on it from Pinterest and found a treasure of beautiful cards here. Thanks <3