Tuesday 2 September 2014

Oh ..... I do like to be beside the seaside .....

Morning folks,

Welcome to September ....... are you singing along yet?
Don't worry, I haven't lost the plot so early in the month ....... the title of this post is the theme for this week's challenge over at Less is More.
Because there were 5 Saturdays in August, the month ended on a 'Lucky Dip' week .... that means basically the ladies can choose whatever theme they like!!!  So ..... we got another song title .......

'Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside .......'

Written in 1907 by John A Glover-Kind, was made famous in 1909 by a music hall singer Mark Sheridan, and it was, for a long time, used as a signature tune by Reginald Dixon MBE, who was the resident organist at the Tower Ballroom in Blackpool  1930 - 1970 ......

Here we go ....... come on, join in .......

Oh! I do like to be beside the seaside
I do like to be beside the sea!
I do like to stroll along the Prom, Prom, Prom!
Where the brass bands play:
"Tiddely-om-pom-pom!"
So just let me be beside the seaside
I'll be beside myself with glee
And there's lots of girls beside,
I should like to be beside
Beside the seaside!
Beside the sea!

Anyway .... enough singing for now (you'll probably be doing it all day ..... sorry!)  If you'd like to find out more, pop over to the Wiki page.

This week the challenge is to use anything to do with the sea, or the beach.  Anything nautical ....... as long as we keep to the CAS rule.
Here's what I came up with .....


The image is from a set of stamps from Acid Drops and Whatnots, that came free with one of the craft magazines (not exactly sure when, or which magazine ..... but it was a while ago)

She's been stamped in Versafine ink and a touch of colour added using a Copic marker.  then I've used Distress ink to add shading for the water and the sun


The words on the front are from an IndigoBlu stamp set ...... Skegness (I couldn't really use anything else now could I!)

I've added a suitable sentiment to the inside .....


And finished off by using ink and clear texture paste through a stencil ....


Even though the Isle of Man is not really the seaside holiday resort that it used to be ..... it's still nice being able to go to the beach whenever we like .....


And walk along the prom ... prom ... prom


It's not a bad place to be is it!

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy your day.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

10 comments:

Redanne said...

I have been singing along but I think I have upset the cat next door! Your card is fantastic, the beach belle is so cute and I love the splat inside too. Anne xx

Bonnie said...

You couldn't have found a more perfect stamp for this challenge! That water looks cold!

Darnell said...

Our posts are nearly the same, Linda! Too fun and I love how you have shared actual seafront photos with us of the Isle of Man! Your card for LIM is so well done!! I adore the inside as much as the outside! Hugs, Darnell

Jane said...

Super post, definitely got that tune in my head now! Think your card is super too, love the image.

Mrs.B said...

HI Linda, great card, I 've got these stamps but haven't used them this year, must remember for next!
Love the inside to the card too.
Avril xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super fun image Linda, love that ladies cute face. Super CAS and great colouring. Thanks for sharing
Sarah
Less is more

Julia said...

Ha! You used the same stamp as I did for this challenge and our cards are quite different. I love the splash inside your card. This is great! Julia

Anne said...

Linda you have got me singing that dratted song again! What a super CAS card, though I think she looks a bit apprehensive about her dip, maybe the water is cold! Lovely shaded background for your image
Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

Chrissie said...

Great post Linda... great card too... the sea looks fab!!
The pics are pretty terrific too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

cotnob said...

A brilliant card, I love your fun image.
Pauline
x