Friday 13 February 2015

Craft Stamper ....... Take a technique

Good morning!

Happy Friday the 13th ...... you're not superstitious are you!  Fingers crossed, but everything's going OK this morning ........ lets hope I don't regret saying that!

It's the second Friday of the month so that means I have a little reminder for you of the latest Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge.
It's all about Take a Technique this month ...... Stencilling!  We want you to use a stencil in some way, somewhere on your project.  Don't forget to include some rubber stamping on there too!

I actually did a 2 for 1 thing last week ...... I needed a gift tag to go on a house warming gift and I used a stencil for my background on there so ...... ta dahhh!!  two jobs crossed off the old 'To Do' list with one little project! It's so nice when a plan comes together.


I used the Wendy Vecchi Brick Wall stencil for the background ...... first with a bit of white ink (I love the look of white on Kraft card, don't you!)  then I went back over the top in places with a touch of Grunge Paste to add a bit of texture.


The houses are from the Stampin Up set Holiday Home ..... and have been stamped in Versamark ink and embossed with a fine white powder


I did a bit of masking here and there to stamp the houses across the tag, and finished off by adding a single house using foam pads for dimension.


I found the perfect piece of ribbon in my stash which I attached across the bottom and you can just see I finished off the whole thing with a little bit of faux stitching, a piece of natural ribbon and of course a key!


For the back of the tag I added more of the brick wall using shades of Distress inks


And another of those cute little houses ...... stamped and embossed again, coloured using Distress ink and then cut out and attached to the tag


Here it is on the gift all ready to go last weekend ......


Don't worry ..... I was given permission to blog it by the recipients!!

Now it's over to you ...... remember there's two great prizes up for grabs.
The first is from this month's sponsor ...... the winner (chosen at random) will receive 2 stamp plates (winner's own choice) from the fabulous Paperbabe stamps.


The second prize is our Design Winner .... chosen by the DT!  They will get their winning project published in Craft Stamper magazine (oooh!) ...... be invited to do a Guest Spot for a future Blog Challenge (ooooh!) AND will also feature in their very own Winner's Profile Blog post (whoo hoo!!!)

Go on ... give it a go.  You have to be in it to win it!!  Check out all the rules and guidelines over n the Craft Stamper blog ...... and see more fabulous inspiration pieces from the rest of the DT today over on the blog.

Happy stamping ...... and stenciling!!

Thanks for popping by .... have a great Friday and enjoy the weekend!

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

5 comments:

Deepti said...

This is awesome, kraft and white looks fabulous :)

Tracy said...

Swooon, adore everything Linda, from the Kraft, stencil, gorgeous stamps to the polka dot wrapping, lol ... loooove!! Have a great weekend missy xoxox

Redanne said...

The white looks brilliant on the Kraft card and I love that little row of houses - a really beautiful tag Linda. Have a 'love'ly weekend! Hugs, Anne xx

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! I love how you've done the reverse of the tag, too - such attention to detail :)

Gio said...

Gorgeous tag, Linda! Love the contrasting colours you used and the design, lovely!