Sunday 3 May 2015

Believe ......

Happy Sunday!

It's a bit wet and wild again over here this morning ..... I hope it's not like this next weekend, me and the girls on the ferry (hopefully) !!!!

I was on Grandma duties last night .... we had the little man overnight ...... so I've been up since the crack of dawn this morning.   Alex still hasn't discovered the beauty of a lie-in on a Sunday morning .... unfortunately!  Never mind .... at least it gave me the chance to finish this week's festive make for the latest Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge ...... yes I was actually in the old craft room before 8am ....... it wasn't even daylight!!!!

This week it's all about using Greens, Pine Cones and the word 'Believe'


I love the inspiration photo ..... what a beautiful, festive decoration ...... but I must admit this was a tough one for me.   Mr Mojo is on his way back ...... albeit kicking and screaming!!!  In the end, this is what I came up with ......


I know ...... not very traditional.  My greens are white, and the colour isn't even the traditional Christmas 'green' .... but it is green!

I used Cracked Pistachio Distress Spray for the background, along with Dylusions White Linen and a hint of Perfect Pearls in there to give the shimmer.


I masked of the bottom of a piece of white cardstock, and then spritzed each of the inks .... the green, the white and finally the Perfect Pearls.  I then covered the card with a piece of cling film, scrunching it in places, and left it to dry.
Once the ink was dry I removed the cling film leaving this gorgeous, shimmery background.


The mica from the Perfect Pearls settles in the creases of the cling film and dries giving that frosty looking effect .... cool eh!!
(Sorry for the picture quality ..... I still haven't found a good place to take my photos, plus the lighting this morning is dreadful ..... I will get there, just bear with me!!)

I stamped the pine branch from the Stampin Up set Ornamental Pine ...... using Versamark ink and embossed with a white powder.


Using the pine cone from the same set, I stamped it a couple of times, in different shades of Brown Archival ink, onto the coloured background.  I then stamped and fussy cut another pine cone from plain white card stock and attached it onto my card using foam pads to add a little dimension


To finish off, I stamped the required word across the bottom (also from Stampin Up!) ...... (this is what I need to do this afternoon!)


and I added a little decoration to the inside


Well ...... that's my 'To Do' list done for today.
There's a major football match going on at lunchtime which I shall be watching ....... my Chelsea boys are taking on Crystal Palace .... at home .... and if we win .... the title is ours!!!!!  If that's the case ...... you can guarantee there will be much merriment going on .....with just the odd glass of something bubbly!  Come on Chelsea!!


Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

I've a busy week coming up ...... out tomorrow, coffee on Tuesday, a crafty session on Friday and then a day out next Saturday ..... it's Port Sunlight .... whoo hoo!!!!  Fingers crossed the weather gets a little nicer ..... I don't like the sea when it's bumpy!!

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

8 comments:

Kath said...

A fabulous card and I love how you've decorated the inside too.
Kath x

Wendy said...

Linda, this card is a beauty! I love that fabulous background you created and the look of the white greens! Love the popped up pinecones at well! Such a lovely card inside & out!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous card Linda, gorgeous shimmery background and the extra stamping with the pinecones gives a great depth.
Avril xx

Bonnie said...

Love the background you created and the non-traditional green! The pine branch looks snowy in the white and the dimension of the pine cone adds a perfect finishing touch! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Creating with Susan said...

This is beautiful!!!

Redanne said...

They won and the title is well deserved! Congratulations!

Love your beautiful card, the pinecones look amazing. Hugs, Anne xx

Linda said...

Aww thanks Anne ... it was a little tense at times but we got the result we needed xx

Loll said...

Beautiful card Linda. Love the soft green background with the subtle pearl design from the cling wrap. Embossing the pine sprigs in white looks amazing. Great job! xx