Friday 12 June 2015

A quick reminder ...... Take a Technique

Happy Friday folks!

It's the weekend again ...... yeah!!  And it really does start today!
The skies are blue, the sun is shining, it's Senior Race Day at this years Isle of Man TT and ..... it's a Bank Holiday over here ..... what could be better!

But, before I head off out to grab a spot over by the Grandstand, I've got a little reminder for you of the current Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge.
It's the turn of Take a Technique and this month we'd like to see ......

Texture
on your projects ........ and a little rubber stamping too don't forget!

There's loads of ways to add texture to your projects ..... embossing folders, use textured cardstock, add ribbons and lace. or use texture paste like I've done for my DT inspiration piece today .....


Another home decor piece for you ...... a CAS design that could go in any room.

Adding texture doesn't always mean using layer upon layer, it can be really quick and easy to achieve.  I've used  a 6x6 inch canvas board, which in itself is textured ......


I gave it a good coat of black gesso and then dry brushed around the edges with some white acrylic paint.

I then used a pretty stencil and some white texture paste to add my floral design ......


I love black and white, a great combination and always looks good.

I finished off the flowers with nice large co-ordinating gemstones ...


and I mounted the canvas onto a larger board (12x12 inch) ...... a neat trick I learned from the very talented Barbara Gray from Clarity.  I added some rubber stamping ..... not much but it is there......


Just a simple word .... I chose Bloom from one of the JOFY stamp sets, but it could be anything you like.  
I stamped the word onto some white card, cut around it and just slipped it under the bottom edge of the black canvas .... simple but effective.

Hope you like it ...... now its your turn.  
There's a fab prize up for grabs from this months sponsor ....


A voucher to spend (who wanted want that!) .......
And ...... don't forget there's the Design Winner too ...... their winning design published in the Craft Stamper Magazine ..... ooh!  A Guest Designer spot on a future challlenge ..... ooooh! AND a winner's profile on the Craft Stamper Blog ...... oooooh!!!  All this could be yours ...... all you have to do is get your entry in ..... have fun and good luck!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day and have a great weekend.  

I'm off now to pick my spot for the day, down at the TT Grandstand.   The fortnight didn't get off to the best of starts weather wise, but it's sunshine all the way to the finish line!  It's been a great race week ...... lets hope it's a great Senior Race Day ..... can Ian Hutchinson make it 4 TT wins this year or is 2015 going to be Guy Martin's year .... fingers crossed!  Come on Guy!!!!!  (he's my favourite by the way!)



Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

3 comments:

Carol said...

Love your canvas x Have a lovely weekend

Mrs.B said...

Stunning canvas Linda, love the black/white.
Avril xx

Pawsitively Creative said...

Black and white is classic elegance and you nailed it with this wonderful design. Such a lovely and clean technique! Wowzers! ~Niki