Friday 17 July 2015

Ending the week with a festive feel .......

Happy Friday!

The weekend starts here (yeah!) ...... Hopefully this one will be a little quieter than last week. Although saying that, we are supposed to be off out this evening! There's another BIG birthday apparently ...... one of hubby's work pals is celebrating today .... although not quite as BIG as last weeks!

Before all that though it's time to get festive again.  I know, I know .... it's only July! ...... but if you start your Christmas cards now you'll have the whole of December to relax!! Well maybe not, but at least it'll be one thing less to worry about!

I'm actually joining in the fun over at Merry Monday this week ...yeah!!!  During July and August the challenges are running over two weeks instead of one, which is great .... more time to join in the fun!

The current challenge (which does finish this weekend) is all about ....... Penguins


Penguins ..... hmmmm ....... not something that there's a lot of in the old craft room.
After searching for a while, I did eventually come across this little guy ..... right at the bottom of my Christmas stash .......


How cute is he ..... and he's having 'snow much fun' by the looks of things (sorry .... couldn't resist that!)
He's actually from an old Inkadinkadoo clear set of stamps called ..... Cute Holiday Favourites  (he's definitely that!)     
I've stamped him about half way down on a piece of white cardstock and coloured him using Spectrum Noir pencils


I then fussy cut around the top half of him and cut away the top section of the white card, leaving space at the bottom to stamp my greeting.  You can see I've also added a few drops of white enamel accents, here and there and coated them with glitter for added sparkle!


On a separate piece of white card I inked about the top two thirds using Distress ink (Stormy Sky with a touch of Chipped Sapphire around the edges)
To get the effect of falling snow I used white texture paste through a stencil, and while the paste was still wet I added fine crystal glitter


Once everything was dry I used foam pads to add a bit of dimension, and attached my little penguin to the snowy backdrop.

Inside has been kept very CAS ...... just a dusting of ink and a little touch of the texture paste and glitter again


All done!

Thanks for popping by ..... this is my 600th post ......  all that rambling on, what do I find to talk about!!  Thanks to you for reading them and for all your comments ...... I do appreciate them.  They let me know that I'm not talking to myself all of the time!!!

Enjoy the rest of your day, and have a fabulous weekend! The sun is shining at the moment ..... how long it will last who knows, so lets enjoy it while we can.

Cheerio until next time

Linda 
xx

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Now you have me singing that Christmas song!! Love your snowy background. Delightful card!
Sandy xx

Bonnie said...

What a delightful penguin, Linda! Looks like he's flying down that hill! Beautiful snowy background and inside too! Have a great weekend!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Your penguin looks like he is having a blast, cute! Thanks for playing Merry Monday with us!

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome card Linda, love your penguin image and background. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love how you cut the penguin top away to create your hill - great idea! Thanks for playing along at Merry Monday!!

Wendy said...

Oh my, Linda- I think your penguin is having SO much fun! I just love him (or her)! Your card design is perfect along with the sentiment! It is the most wonderful time of the year! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Jilly said...

A really lovely card xxx

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous background for that cute little penguin, love the design.
Avril xx

conil said...

Now, this is a penguin...sliding down a hill albeit on a sled. Cute cute cute.

Kristie Goulet said...

EEEP!!! So cute! Love the penguin sliding down a hill on his/her sled! So much fun! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!