Friday 21 August 2015

Congratulations!!

Happy Friday folks,

Well ..... where do I start!
The BIG news this morning was that Clarity are on the move.  Yes, in case you haven't already heard Barbara will no longer be appearing on Create and Craft (oh no!!)  Don't panic though .... she will be back on our TV screens again ....very soon (whoo hoo!!) 
Make a date in your diaries ..... Thursday 27th August at 12 noon is the launch of a brand new craft channel ....... and Barbara is going to be there!!


It's called HOCHANDA
(Home of Crafts Hobbies and Arts) 

You can find the channel on SKY 663 Freeview 39 and Freesat 822
Barbara will be back in the classroom again with a regular monthly show, as well as a new Groovi slot too ...... so, lots of exciting stuff coming up!

With all that going on this morning I thought it would be a great time to enter this weeks challenge over art Less is More ......
It's a Theme week ...... and the theme is ......

CONGRATULATIONS!

Here's my entry ......


Wonderfully CAS ....... and relatively quick and easy.  


This cute little guy is from Penny Black ....... simply stamped in black Versafine and coloured using my Distress Inks mixed with a little water.


I added a delicate wash of blue to the background just to ground my leaping frog, and finished off with a Tim Holtz sentiment


There's a little something on the inside too .....



Not a Clarity stamp I know, but ...... Congratulations to Barbara and the team .....here's to the start of the next exciting chapter!

I think that's it from me today .... another busy weekend approaching.  It's the little man's last day at nursery today, he's going to be home soon telling me all about it, and then he's got his graduation party tomorrow.  Two more weeks and he starts 'Big' school!

We've got the Manx Grand Prix starting this weekend ....... just like the TT but not as busy! Practice week gets underway tomorrow ......... weather permitting that is! 
The Continental Food Market is still on the prom ..... which, by the way I haven't found time to get down to yet this week!  And on top of all that, there's the IOM Grand Beer Festival this weekend ...... all within staggering walking distance of us!!  Food ..... drink .... and motorbikes .....should be a good weekend!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and I hope you have a great weekend too!

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

11 comments:

!neke said...

Cute frog ! Great coloring !
I find it stil difficult !!!
Ineke x

Maria Rodriguez said...

Hello Linda and thank you so much for your comment on my Long Stem Roses card.
Your card is just so beautiful, love that little frog leaping with Joy, your coloring is fabulous, and I can see the subtle wash of blue in the background.
I'm so totally new at CAS, the card with the roses is my 3rd. CAS ever!! but I'm loving this style, it always looks so fresh and elegant.
Thank you again for visiting my blog and I hope you come back.
Hugs,
Maria.

Maja said...

That's a cute little froggy. Great card.

Redanne said...

Great news about Barbara, I am pleased for her - I'm not going to say publicly what I think about C & C these days but they need some competition! Love your frog card, the colouring is beautiful and he is so cheery. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Anne xx

Kathyk said...

FAB card, loving the inside too

Had heard about HOCHANDA starting up on Thursday - look forward to the competition to C&C!

Kathyk

Neets B said...

Gorgeously CAS, Linda, the blue wash looks perfectly delicate around your image.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Bonnie said...

This adorable frog with his pink flower brings a big smile!

Darnell said...

I love froggies and this card has stolen my heart, Linda! I also love froggies especially when they are holding pretty pink flowers!! Enjoy your fun weekend plans! Hugs, Darnell

Anne said...

What a cutie Linda, your DI colouring is awesome
Thanks for joining us this week
Anne
Less is More

Anne said...

What a cutie Linda, your DI colouring is awesome
Thanks for joining us this week
Anne
Less is More

Nancy Thomas said...

You showcased that whimsical image perfectly with this sweet CAS card.