Thursday 10 March 2016

More from Sweet Poppy ......

Happy Thursday ......

A bit late in the day again ..... sorry.  No excuse, other than hubby took the day off work so nothing got done today.  The weather was glorious so we took full advantage of it and I was treated to lunch out down on the quay, in one of my favourite little places ..... the Little Fish Cafe.  Their Kerala Fish Curry is deee-licious!!! And their homemade raspberry lemonade is perfect when sitting in the sun.

Anyway, enough of all that ..... as promised here are the rest of my Sweet Poppy samples ..... you might want to grab a cuppa (or something stronger ...... well it is after nine) there's quite a few photos on this post!

Let's start with the beautiful Black Daisy .....  how pretty is this


And can I just say I have a new favourite colour of glitter.  Recently I haven't been using much glitter on my creations, except for Christmas cards that is, but I've fallen in love with the Sweet Poppy Periwinkle shade ..... it's so pretty, and twinkles beautifully in the light .....  the photo above doesn't do it justice at all.

I coloured a square of white card using Distress Inks (shades of blue and lilac) and then splashed a little water over the top to give a nice speckled look


I then used the Black Daisy stencil and the Distress Inks again to add the flowers across the background ....... I wanted to create some depth to my finished design.

Using the same stencil, this time with the Glossy White Embossing Paste I added the daisies again over the top and whilst the paste was still wet I sprinkled that gorgeous glitter over the image and left it to dry ..... so pretty!!


If you look at the main picture, you can see that I've used the stencil twice to add the flowers and I've actually used both sides to get the reverse of the daisy ...... simple but effective.

To finish off I mat and layered my square and added a sentiment around all four sides ...... stamped and embossed using a white detail powder


Next up same stencil, different look


I went with the black paste this time ....... so striking against the pretty Brusho background that I found in my bit box (left over from another project probably ..... I don't like to throw pieces of card away!)



I used the stencil again on a larger piece of card to give a little more interest to the finished project


And I simply stamped my greeting over the top


I added a few sequins to the front to add a bit of sparkle


And I couldn't resist using the pretty flower on the inside of my card too .....


So pretty and delicate ....


On to the Elephants ...... how cute are these guys!!!!


Another piece of home decor .....  a pretty wall hanging.

I wanted some nice bright colours in the background so I used my Distress Inks again, directly from the pad to my cardstock  ....... I think the colours were Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral and Picked Raspberry.
I spritzed the whole thing with water to get the speckled look again to the background .......


I then used the stencil with the Glossy Black Paste and left it to dry
Look at all the detail in the design ...... and the little baby ellie is just soooo cute!!!


The leaves around the outsides are from another stencil from the Sweet Poppy range .... the Leaf Flowers (another of my favourites)
I simply used the leaves from the design around the edges, and sprinkled each one with Black Glitter while the paste was wet.

This was then mounted onto a larger panel that also had the leaf design on the corners .... diagonal facing corners (something I like to do) and just a touch of Distress Ink to soften the edges


The whole thing was then mounted onto a piece of chipboard that had been painted with Black Gesso and I added some string to hang it with.  I thought the sentiment was the perfect finishing touch


That's so true.

Last but not least ...... the ellies again, this time using only the baby one ...... so sweet!


So simple to do.  I coloured the background as before ..... used the stencil first with the white paste and sprinkled with the white (Crystalina) glitter.  Then I turned the stencil over and used it again this time with the black paste and sprinkled with the black glitters.
Obviously this takes a little time to do .... you have to wait for the first lot of paste to dry before attempting to do the second one but, it doesn't take that long ...... a little patience is all you need.


I added the leaves again across the top ......


And finished with a suitable greeting


Phew!  Are you still with me ...... well done if you are.
Hope you like these ..... I thoroughly enjoyed creating them.

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day.  Time for a little something chilled I think ..... cheers!

Cheerio until next time ......

Linda
xx

2 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Wow such stunning examples. Loving the new stencils and yes the flower one looks so very different, depending on how you use it. Love how you got such depth with the first examples and the 'silver' colour glitter is gorgeous. Those elephants are so cute and your backgrounds so dramatic...love them all! Thank you so much for the great inspiration x

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Linda these are amazing, love all of them :) The second card is my favourite if I needed to choose but the elephant wall hanging is stunning too. I could go on and on....Gorgeous !!
Hugs, Kaz x