Thursday 7 April 2016

Spring Greens ......

Hello again .....

It's time to launch this month's STAMPlorations CAS Challenge .......


As always the challenge has an optional colour twist ....... and this month it's

SPRING GREEN

You don't have to use the colour to enter the challenge .... just make sure your design is CAS.
Full challenge details can be found on the STAMPlorations Blog along with all the rules and guidelines.

So ..... green ...... hmmmm ........ had to be leaves for me.  Well ....  they will be on the trees soon



I used one of my favourtie stamp sets from STAMPlorations ..... the Trendy Leaves.

I cut myself a little rectangle mask from a Post It note, and then inked through with various shades of Distress Ink ...... I think they were Mowed Lawn, Shabby Shutters and the Twisted Citron.

Each time I inked the rectangle, with the mask still in place, I splattered it with water and then stamped over the top using one of the leaves stamps using the same shade of Distress Ink


I stamped the words (STAMPlorations Noteworthy) ...... off to the side


and then I stamped the leaves again onto a piece of white card using  Mowed Lawn Distress Ink, fussy cut around them and attached then onto the front of my card using foam pads to add dimension.


There's also  a little something on the inside ......


I do love these leaves ..... and I think the inside would make a great outside too!!


Now it's your turn ...... if you need some more inspiration pop over to the STAMPlorations blog and see what the rest of Design Team have come up with .... you won't be disappointed.  We've got a fab Guest Designer this month too ...... the lovely Mac Mable.  Please pop over and say Hi! there too.

Happy stamping!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'm off now to tidy the old craft room ..... today's session is over.  We're off out for tea tonight then it's onto a birthday bash ...... so it could end up being a late one.

Cheerio until next time .....

Linda
xx

5 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a glorious CAS card. Loving the shades of greens and creative technique on the front. Yes I agree the inside is just as gorgeous as the outside. Always love how you do the insides too. Thank you for the inspiration x

Loll said...

Wow ... such a creative and unique design Linda. And a great way to show off your spring greens! xx

Redanne said...

I just love the design of this card Linda, it is SO beautiful!! Loving the sentiments inside and out too... Anne xx

Bonnie said...

Love these leaves! This is the perfect color for spring leaves! Just the shade I see out my window!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Linda, great collaging on a one-layer card! Inside stamping is like a cherry on the top, this is so adorable. - Sweet Kobylkin