Friday 10 June 2016

Have you entered the challenge yet? .....

Happy Friday .......

Time for a quick reminder of this month's Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge ..... before I head off out for the day.
This year's TT is nearly over ...... it's Senior Race day, a Bank Holiday here in the Isle of Man so we're off to catch the last of the racing ..... weather permitting that is.  I must admit the forecast is not great for today but we can't really complain the last two weeks have been absolutely glorious!

Before I go here's another idea for this months challenge ...... Let's Get Inky!
We'd like you to use more than one type of ink on your projects ..... ink pads, ink sprays, acrylic inks, alcohol inks etc., OR use more than one colour of ink.  Don#t forget to include some stamping on there too!


I've used the PaperArtsy Infusions to create my background ..... which just so happen to be the prize for this month's challenge winner.

I sprinkled a tiny bit of the pigment powders onto the bottom corner of a piece of white card (you don't need much at all to get great results) ....... I used  Are You Cerice and Lemoncello, love these two shades together!
I then used a wet paintbrush to spread the colour over the card.  I love how I've got this sort of woodgrain effect from the walnut stain part of the Infusions ...... cool isn't it!


I kept the colours in stripes across the card, and brushed the colour in one direction until I'd covered the whole piece


The more water you add, the paler the colour you will end up with.

Once this was dry I stamped the gorgeous Daliha from Stampin Up! off the edge of the card using Versamark ink, then embossed with a fine detail white embossing powder.


I added a few splatters of Perfect Pearls to the background to add a bit more interest ......


and then finished off with a sentiment banner at the top


As always, I had to add a little something on the inside ....



Have you got your entry in yet? Pop over to the Craft Stamper Blog and see more fabulous inspiration pieces from the rest of the Design Team, along with all the challenge details.

As I mentioned earlier, our sponsor this month is PaperArtsy


and the winner will receive 5 bottles of the brand new Infusions, in the colours below .....


Happy stamping!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day and have a great weekend.

It feels like it's been weekend all week for me ...... the TT has a lot to answer for!!  We've been to the fun fair .... twice!! We've been down to the Grandstand  .... just look at that sky!!!


We've had picnics, and drinks on the terrace, the Red Arrows were over on Tuesday evening ......

photo from 3FM Isle of Man
and then I somehow found myself in the middle of Saddle-oke!  A special TT Karaoke night in the Saddle (Chris's place).


It's only a small place but boy can it hold a lot of people ....... warm doesn't begin to describe the temperature in there ....... it was positively tropical!!! And before you ask .... no I didn't do any singing ..... well, not with the microphone anyway :)
Then last night we had the Poker Stars TT/Summer Party .... all I'm saying is I'm glad it's a Bank Holiday today  I might have had just a few glasses of the bubbly stuff ... well it would have been rude not to.
But ... it's all coming to an end (sigh!) ..... until next year.
I'm off now to stake out a spot to watch this years Senior Race ........ can Hutchy make it four in a row?

Cheerio until next time .......

No comments: