Thursday 15 September 2016

In the pink .....

Happy Thursday to you .....

It's time for a little more inspiration for this months STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge.  As always the theme is ..... Anything Goes .... anything CAS that is ...... with an optional colour twist. For September that colour twist is .......
PINK


Here we go .....


Definitely CAS ......  and a little bit Pink!
I've stamped the pretty STAMPlorations Framed Zinnia, onto a piece of card I found in my bit box.  I think it's what you'd call a 'mop up' piece.  You know what I mean .... you've been busy with your inks or paints and you haven't quite used it all up .... there's a little bit left on your craft sheet and you don't want to just wipe it away.  Well I'm not one to waste anything so ...... I reach for pieces of cut off card that may be lying around my desk, swipe them across my craft mat to pick up the leftover ink, and voila! .... lots of ready made backgrounds or pieces to stamp onto, or even use with my dies and punches.  Tell me I'm not the only one that does that!


This was a really pretty piece of card ..... all pink and yellow and perfect for today's project.

I added a touch more colour to the actual blooms using Worn Lipstick Distress Ink and a little water


A bit of matting and layering with black and white card ....... and a nice sentiment to go with it, finishes everything off nicely (words from the  STAMPlorations Subway Art Builders - Dare stamps set)


Still need more inspiration? .... then why not check out the STAMPlorations Blog.  The rest of the Design Team have been busy creating more fabulous CAS ideas for you.
You'll also find a list of the challenge rules over there (don't worry, there's not many)  and details of the prizes up for grabs.

Happy stamping!

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'm off to sort out a birthday present for a very special little boy, who's 6 next week (can he really be 6 already!!!)

He told Grandad last week that he would like a new TV for his bedroom please ..... because the one he has at the moment isn't big enough!!!!  That's that sorted then.

Cheerio until next time .....

3 comments:

Suchi said...

Sweet card and a sweeter boy!! :)

Toni said...

I think I'm the only person who has never thought to create mop up pieces. brilliant!

Mrs.B said...

A lovely image on this card Linda, and you're not alone with the 'mop ups' - I've got a box full.
WOW -6yrs - I remember seeing him as a small toddler, doesn't time fly.
Avril xx