Sunday 6 November 2016

More Holiday TAGplorations inspiration .....

Happy Sunday ......

How's your weekend going?  It's been a bit quiet around here ... but hey! I'm not complaining it's nice not to be rushing around.

I've noticed that there are a few new followers of my little blog.  Hello and Welcome to you .... I hope you enjoy your time here ..... it's nice to have you with us.

It's time for a little more inspiration for the first Holiday TAGplorations Blog Hop over on the STAMPlorations Blog.


5 fabulous, festive fun filled days of tag making!  Have you joined in the party yet?  Don't worry there's plenty of time if you'd like to join in, the linky is open right up until November 25th.
There's some fab prizes up for grabs ..... check out the STAMPlorations blog for all the details.

I've got another really simple, but effective, idea for you today .... using the STAMPlorations Christmas Reindeer stamps again, from the Bees Knees range ..... I love these!!!


Kraft card again, this time with a little bit of white embossing .......


The snowflakes are from the same stamp set ...... you also get a couple of sentiments on there too so it's a great little set to add to your Christmas stash.
I simple stamped the snowflakes over my tag (cut using the CUTplorations Luggage Tag dies) using Versamark ink and then embossed with a white, fine detail powder.
It's always a good idea when you're heat embossing, to dust over your cardstock with an anti-static bag before you start stamping ..... this helps to stop any embossing powder sticking where you don't want it, giving you a nice crisp finish.

I stamped one of the small deer from the stamp set onto Kraft card, added a touch of colour using Distress Inks and then fussy cut around him. If you're not a fan of fussy cutting,  you're in luck ......these stamps have a set of matching dies available ..... how good is that!


I then die cut the words, using the CUTplorations Let it Snow die, once from plain white cardstock, and again from a piece of previously coloured card that was on my desk ..... left over from another project I think. I layered the two together, slightly off set to give a shadowed look.
I love the blue with the Kraft card ..... it gives a nice frosty look I think.


Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time .....

3 comments:

Marianne said...

The whimsical reindeer is just perfect for your tag. This set is high on my wish list...

Redanne said...

That little deer is just the most adorable ever! Love the snowflake embossing and also the 'shadowed' sentiment. Beautiful! Anne xx

Mary Holshouser said...

Love that reindeer.
One of his friends is living
at my house. Just need to
design a card to use him on.
the snowflakes are wonderful.
thanks for sharing.