Wednesday 21 December 2016

A fun, festive forest ......

Happy Wednesday .......

We've reached the middle of a very busy week already but ..... we're getting there.  At least it's stopped raining!

I was hoping to finish off the last minute shopping today but I've got the little man and he's not feeling well, poor thing.  So instead we're going to snuggle on the sofa and watch some Christmas TV ...... the shopping can wait until tomorrow.

Before I curl up under the blanket I want to share my final festive project of the year ...... and it's something for me!

I came across this fab article on Pinterest and I just had to have some ..... they look so cute ....



So ...... I asked my father-in-law to cut the wooden pieces for me and voila! ....... here they are .......


I love them ....... traditional red and green for me, with a touch of gold ......


Painted using PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic paints  ........ Snowflake, Cherry Red and Tinned Peas and Golden's Iridescent Bronze for the gold one.  I only applied one coat as I still wanted to see the markings in the wood through the paint.


The 'baubles' are simply dots done with white and gold gel pens.

I made a set for Lauren too ....... shades of blue with silver and white to match her festive colour scheme ....


How cool do these look ....... so simple yet so effective ....... I just love them!
The largest one is approx. 6 inches high, going down to about 4 for the smallest one.

Mine will be going down the centre of the Christmas dinner table ..... there won't be room for much more, I've got 12 coming for Christmas dinner ..... it's going to be fun!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
And just in case I don't get chance again before the big day ...... I'd like to wish all my dear Blog friends and visitors

  a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year
xx 


Cheerio until next time ........ have a good one!

5 comments:

Craftychris said...

So cool and gorgeous! Happy Christmas to you and yours! xxx

Loll said...

These are adorable Linda!! Such fun!! Wishing you a Merry Christmas, my friend! xx

Mrs.B said...

These look wonderful, in both colour combos, such a great idea.
Hope the little man feels better soon,
Have a wonderful Christmas.
Avril xx

Redanne said...

Your DIY forest is gorgeous Linda and so is the one you made for Lauren! I hope wee man is feeling better soon - it wouldn't do to be under the weather when the big man makes his appearance!

Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2017! Anne xx

Unknown said...

Love your trees