Thursday 8 December 2016

Good news ......

Happy Thursday ......

It certainly is a happy day ..... Lauren has just been granted her DO's licence ..... whoo hoo!!!

She's now a Designated Official for the brewery which means she can run her own place.  That's both of the kids official licencees ....... Chris has The Prospect in Douglas, and Lauren now has Artisan. Well done you!!!

We're off out for lunch to celebrate (more eating and drinking) and then it's Thursday of course, so it's Saddleoke tonight ......... this could get messy!!!!

Before all that though, I'm still busy with Christmas cards .... I was hoping to have all mine written and in the post by the end of this week but that doesn't seem to be happening!!!
Never mind it does mean that I get the chance to join in with the 12 Days of Christmas Cards Challenge hosted by the lovely Kylie from Happy Little Stampers


Each day, for 12 days, Kylie and her friends are showcasing Christmas Cards and you can join in the fun too.  There's a linky on the challenge for you to add your designs and ..... there's prizes up for grabs .... why not play along.

Here's one of my designs from the last Sweet Poppy Stencil TV show using the gorgeous Change in the Seasons stencil


Really simple to do ..... white ink and white embossing paste with a sprinkling of glitter ..... very wintry (brrrrr!).

I simply used the stencil with the white paste onto a piece of Kraft card, and sprinkled the glitter over the top whilst the paste was still wet ..... love the detail on this stencil


Once this was dry I brushed white ink onto the background using a paper mask to create the hills


I added a sentiment and the little bunnies using my MISTI so that I could repeat the stamping until I got a good depth of colour on the images


A few dots of white gel pen here and there, to give the look of falling snow, finish of the card nicely


Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.  I must dash as we're meeting Lauren for lunch in half an hour and I'm nowhere near ready.

Cheerio until next time .......

2 comments:

Redanne said...

You do those white techniques so beautifully on Kraft, Linda, this is gorgeous. Well done to Lauren too, she must be over the moon! Anne xx

Kylie said...

wow, that is one amazing card Linda. I also love the details seen in that stencil. Beautiful.
Congratulations to Lauren - well done, girl! I am very curious as to what saddleoke is.... I love karaoke... Sounds like I have to bring my drinking and singing shoes when I visit next year ;)

Thanks so much for playing along in my 12 Days of Christmas Cards challenge xx