Friday 2 March 2018

Home .... Sweet Home

Happy Friday evening ......

Is it really March already? What happened to February?  And what is going on with this weather!?? 
I must say we've hardly had any of the snow that is currently blanketing the UK.  Just one day this week it came down and caused mayhem ....... but boy is it windy.  It's been blowing a right old hoolie over here since Wednesday ...... and it's freezing!!! There's no boats, there's hardly any flights ..... it's time to batten down the hatches and wait it out. 
I found this picture on the BBC IOM Facebook page yesterday ..... I said it was cold!
 


Anyway ..... the start of a new month means a whole new set of Blog challenges.  First up for me this month is the Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge.  This month the theme is .......


Quite appropriate really seeing as we've only been in our new place a little over three weeks but its already feeling like home.


A quick and easy one layer design, with a little touch of watercolouring on there too.


I stamped the image in Black Versafine and coloured using my ZIG Markers with a water brush.

I then added the sentiment alongside ......


And finished off with a wash of colour around the cottage. 


We have a fabulous Guest Designer for the challenger this month .... the lovely Darnell is joining us.  It's always a treat when you visit the playhouse ... why not pop over and say Hi, I'm sure she would love to see you.

As always there's a $20 Gift Certificate for our challenge winner, to spend on HLS goodies and ..... if the winning project has been created using HLS stamps, then the prize is doubled!!
You have to be in it to win it though ..... Happy stamping!

Thanks for popping by ..... have a great weekend.
We're off out tomorrow ..... shopping for birthday gifts.  My birthday gifts!  Not entirely sure what I want.  I have ordered a new food mixer which is something I've been after for a while, but other than that well .... who knows.  Maybe a big coat and new boots would be a good idea!!

Cheerio until next time .....


8 comments:

Loll said...

Sweet card Linda. Love that image and your watercolouring is just perfect. Looks like it's best to stay at home with the chilly weather. Brrrr! But worth the trek out if you're something new for yourself! :) Have fun shopping. And happy early birthday! xx

Julie B said...

Such a sweet image Linda.
Hope you are starting to thaw out a bit. The wind has dropped away here, we now have snizzle, low cloud that sends down frozen drizzle! :)

Jane said...

That’s a really pretty little cottage nestling in the hill and a perfect sentiment quote. Love that frozen fountain photo too.

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Linda, glad you're settling in the new home.
Wonderful photo of the frozen fountain. We've had about 8" of snow and it's still causing havoc.
Stay warm.
Avril xx

Redanne said...

Your card, as always, is beautiful, such a lovely image for a new home card too! Unfortunately we have been stuck inside for four days now, loads of snow and the same hoolie that you are experiencing I think! Hopefully we will get out for provisions tomorrow!

I hope you enjoy your birthday shopping trip! Hugs, Anne xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Love, love, love your card Linda, fabulous stamp and sentiment too

BożenA said...

I love your scene. The house nestled in the hill makes me want to move to that place. It must be a wonderful, peaceful and safe place.
BożenA xx

Neets B said...

Made it here eventually, sorry I'm so late! I hope this second cold snap doesn't hit you too hard up there, the freezing rain last time was a nightmare! As for your card, that little cottage is darling! I'd like to live there please :D Love it, and the sentiment xx