Wednesday 4 April 2018

Let's get Jolly for the Happy Little Stampers Christmas challenge ......

Happy Wednesday evening .....

How's your week going? Better than mine I hope.
I'm still struggling with this back of mine ..... although it does seem to be easing up just a little bit.  At least I'm upright today which is a good sign.

Anyhow .... enough of all that ..... on to tonight's challenge.  It's the Happy Little Stampers again and this time we're going a little festive for the Christmas Challenge ......


As always the theme is Anything Goes, with this month's optional twist ..... JOLLY!
You don't get much jollier than this little guy ..... and doesn't he go well with the HLS sentiment from the Christmas Joy clear stamp set


I must confess he was a late edition to last years Christmas stash so didn't actually get used. I'll make up for that this year I think!

He's been stamped onto white card using black Versafine ink and then I've added colour to his hat and scarf using ZIG Markers and a water brush


A touch of fine crystal glitter to give some added sparkle .......


and a sprig of festive holly to add the finishing touch. 
The holly is from the same HLS stamp set and I've stamped it using a green ink, heat embossed in clear and then fussy cut around it, before using the ZIG pens again and a few drops of Glossy Accents on the berries


I inked up the sentient stamp using two colours of ink and stamped it directly underneath the snowman.
Now it's over to you.

As with all the HLS Challenges there's a $20 Gift Certificate for the winner, which will be doubled should the winning project have been made using HLS stamps.

Happy stamping folks!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.
I have to go and help clear a bedroom now ....... don't how much use I'm going to be!!  We have a new bed arriving tomorrow for the guest room so we have to move the old one out.  I can't lift it but I can help to push it down the hall ...... this should be fun!

Cheerio until next time .....

10 comments:

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

this is one of my all time favorite snowman stamps, he is such a sweetie, wonderful card
Barb Housner

Christine Alexander said...

what an adorable snowman, Love this holly sprig on his hat :)

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous CAS design Linda and your cute snowman is adorable! I hope your back gets better soon - it can be so miserable.
Hugs
Carol x

Mrs.B said...

He's a fabulous jolly snowman and I'm sure he'll get lots of use this year. Glad to hear the back's on the mend but don't overdo things.
Avril xx

Redanne said...

He really is a very jolly little snowman, he made me smile! So sorry to hear you are still troubled with the bad back but glad you can stand upright, so I guess that's good! Take it easy for a few days... Hugs, Anne xx

Loll said...

He is so sweet!! Love the big smile. :) Great colouring and lots of sparkle. The addition of the holly is so creative and fun. The sentiment looks awesome done in different colours. Take care of that back, Linda! xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love this jolly little snowman and his sparkly hat. The colored scarf and the holly on all of that wonderful white make the snowman stand out beautifully. Great card!

BożenA said...

Great project, Linda ! I love this sweet snowman, she has a beautifully colored scarf. Adding holly leaves to the cap makes the whole thing very original. I love your card :-)
hugs,
BozenA

Sue - said...

I love that snowman, and your card!

Bobby said...

He is so darling, Linda. I HAD to have that stamp even thought I don't usually buy wood stamps. While I enjoy just looking at him it's time I gave him some ink too. The glitter adds so much as does the little holly branch.