Friday 13 April 2018

There's still plenty of time to enter the Craft Stamper Challenge ......

Happy Friday 13th!! ......

I hope you're not superstitious. 
This is a scheduled post as I'm currently on my way to Naples ...... (I hope I am anyway!)  Then we're off to Sorrento on the beautiful Amalfi coast, for a week of relaxation, sight seeing, good food and nice wine. Hopefully we'll get some sun too!

April's Craft Stamper Challenge is in full swing, I did sneak a quick look at the gallery before I left and there's some amazing entries on there already.
If you've still not got yours in don't worry, there's plenty of time and if you need a little inspiration here you go .....


A little bit of stencil monoprinting.  You know I don't like to waste anything and this was a left over piece from a stencil workshop.

This was done using the pretty Daisy stencil from Inkylicious.  I'd used the stencil in the normal way, applying ink through the design to get the daisy image (see that card HERE)  Instead of wiping away the excess ink left on the stencil I added a touch more, spritzed over the top with a little water then placed the stencil ink side down, onto a piece of watercolour card.


I gave it a quick press down with a paper towel then removed the stencil and what was left was this pretty monoprint effect.  I really like how the image isn't perfect, and of course no two are ever going to be the same.
This is a great way of using up any left over ink on your stencils ...... they make really interesting background pieces,  and you can add more colour if you want to, or stencil different designs over the top to add layers, or simply stamp onto them as I've done here


A Penny Black sentiment, and a couple of my favourite bees from Lavinia Stamps


I did stamp the bees directly onto the card, to get the tiny details of the legs etc., and stamped them again onto a piece of white cardstock.  These I coloured in and then fussy cut them and layered them over the top

A touch of sparkle to the wings and a few drops of glitter glue and we're done!
I did brush around the edges with a little Vintage Photo Distress Ink just to frame the daisy


As always we have a challenge sponsor, and this month it's ....


and the prize for the challenge winner (randomly chosen) is 2 fabulous stamp sets (see below)


We'll also have a Design Winner ...... chosen by the DT.  Who knows .... this month it could be you!
You can find all the challenge details along with more fantastic inspiration from the rest of the Design Team over on the Craft Stamper blog

Thanks for popping by ...... have a great weekend.
And I'll see you all when I get back.

Arrivederci alla prossima volta .......

No comments: