Monday 7 May 2018

Introducing ...... Just Because and Large French Script Background

Happy Bank Holiday Monday .......

Welcome to Day 3 of the Introductions for the brand Uniko Release coming very soon!  I shouldn't say this but ....... today we've got two of my favourite stamps from the new release ......  the very pretty Just Because 

How lovely is that silhouette stamp ...... perfect for so many occasions, and a great little selection of words to go with it.

And then, we have the gorgeous, everybody needs this stamp in their collection ...... Large French Script Background

I can see me using this a lot ..... it's a great size for creating backgrounds, but also perfect for using just part of the design to add layers and texture to so many projects ..... love it!

I've used both of the stamps together here ........ a perfect partnership!


I used a piece of acetate to smoosh some Distress Ink onto a piece of white card.  I did this a couple of times, drying with a heat tool in between, to give the look of layers


I then stamped over the top using the new French Script  .......


In the picture it looks like the image didn't stamp completely ..... don't worry this was the look I was aiming for.  The stamp does give a beautiful complete image.
I inked up the stamp using a grey ink, then before stamping it onto my card I actually used my finger and wiped away some of the the ink in places, so that I would get this old, faded look.

Using a black ink and my MISTI, I stamped the pretty silhouette from Just Because down one side of the card.
I think it's always a good idea to use a MISTI ...... or any of the stamping platforms if you have one, for stamping silhouette images.  You can repeat stamp as many times as you like until you get that perfect coverage.  It's actually the main reason I bought my MISTI ...... I was fed up of not getting a crisp image when I stamped silhouette images first time, and ended up having to fill in with black ink, or a marker.  With the MISTI there's none of that .... just keep inking up the stamp again and stamp over the top.  It's great when your ink pad isn't quite as inky as it used to be ..... just stamp the image a few times and build up the colour until you're happy with it.

You can see I used the image a couple of times, and stamped each one off the edge of the card.



A simple sentiment finishes it all off



Silhouette images don't always have to be stamped in black ....... how pretty does this look in green


CAS teamed up this time with the Simply Said Blocks II
Stamped directly onto a card blank with a few ink splatters in the background ........


Some of the words from the same stamp set .......


Along with a sentiment from Simply Said II ... stamped and fussy cut. What colour would you choose?

Thanks for popping by again ..... have a fabulous day. 
Check out the Uniko Blog for links to the rest of the Design Team to see what they've been creating with this fab new release.

Cheerio until next time ......

10 comments:

Jane said...

Oh drooling over the pretty pink splodgy background, beautiful card.

cm said...

I'm with you on the Misti; don't know how I stamped without it! Your cards are absolutely lovely; I'm especially taken with the palette on the first. The pink background really adds impact!
Hugs~carol

nancy littrell said...

I LOVE both your cards, Linda. I have never ordered from Uniko, but I think I really need both these very versatile stamps. TFS your sample beauties. Hugs..

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Your cards always have such detail and clever techniques Linda. The first one with the pretty washed background makes the perfect accompaniment to the silhouette floral. Then WOW-Zers how clever is the 'all green look' love it. Such little detail on this one but a brilliant show-stopper.

Julie B said...

Love the soft pinky smooshed background to your first card, works really well with the text in the background. :)

Izzy Scrap said...

Two beautiful cards, Linda ! Love the delicate pink smooshed background, it is so feminine and it makes a gorgeous contrast with the black flower silhouette. But you stole my heart with your CAS second card and this lovely green flower ! Fabulous showcase. x

Lindsey said...

Wow I love these! You're right with the coloured silhouette - it works wonderfully in the green. Your first pink smoothed card is lovely too, lots of depth and interest x

Deborah Frings said...

Superb showcase of the silhouette image. The first card has a lovely romantic look with the soft background. But I just love the bold green! Wonderful xx

Sue D said...

Beautiful cards.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

The background on your first card is absolutely amazing !!
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]